Requirements: Nova requires Android 4.0.1 or higher. Nova does NOT run on Gingerbread
Overview: This is a normal launcher replacement, it can install alongside the stock launcher and should work on any ICS rom. However in order for the widgets-in-drawer feature to work it must be installed as a system app. Instructions below.
- Custom grid size (default 5×4 on the Galaxy Nexus)
- User setting for auto-rotate
- Resize any widget
- All/New/Downloaded categories in App Drawer
- Widgets-in-drawer (requires install as a system app) or from system picker
- Shortcut or resizable information in Widget Drawer
- Edit App Shortcut icon and label (Supports ADW Icon Packs)
- Wallpaper scrolling options (Disabling scrolling improves performance of live wallpapers)
- Cube desktop effect
- Various other smaller tweaks/optimizations
I have more features planned and welcome feedback. Some features will be reserved for a pro version.
You can access Nova Settings by App Drawer > Menu > Nova Settings.
INTERNET/ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE/ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Optional & Anonymous error/usage reporting. Download updates (Nova is not on the Market yet).
CALL_PHONE: Only used if you place a direct-dial shortcut on the homescreen. SET_WALLPAPER/SET_WALLPAPER_HINTS: Launcher/wallpaper interactions
BIND_APPWIDGET: Only get this if installed as a system app. Required for Widgets-in-drawer.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Downloading updates.
System App Requires root
This lets you have Widgets-in-drawer just like the stock launcher.
Either manually move the APK to /system or use the NovaLauncherUpdate.zip . Once installed you can update like a normal app (either in app > Check for updates or an APK from this thread).
Uninstall System App:
Manually remove NovaLauncher.apk from /system or use the attached NovaUninstall.zip
Standard App Root not required
Easier to install, but no widgets-in-drawer. Just install the NovaLauncher_beta.apk like you’d install any other APK.
Sources and More: